Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Countdown - 4 days left!

If you are like me I want an organized desk. Now it doesn’t always stay that way but I do try. A very useful item I have found for my desk at school is a clipboard. I can clip notes or papers that I refer back to often to the clipboard and it stands out on my desk. This keeps the items from getting lost in the stacks.

Of course the boring brown clipboard is well – boring. So I decorated mine with paper that coordinates with my desk color scheme.

Boring brown
BEFORE
 
I painted the back of the board with craft paint. Then I used wrapping paper since it was large enough to cover the whole clipboard without any seams to cover the front. I simply used Mod Podge to adhere the paper and several coats on top to seal the finish. The trick to using Mod Podge on thinner paper is to go slow and add thin layers letting each layer dry completely.

Back of clipboard painted bright pink











For Christmas I made another version that has a dual function. I used the chalkboard paint (I seem to be hooked on chalkboard paint). This allows for papers to be clipped to the board and for writing directly on the surface. This would make a great option if you were going to hang your clipboard. Then it will double as a message board.

Painted with 4 coats of chalkboard paint
 I made an additional board using the wrapping paper method. I will post it after Christmas since it is a gift for a family member. I purchased my clipboards at the dollar store so the total cost was about $2.00 if you include the cost of the Mod Podge and wrapping paper.

If you have someone on your list that needs a little more organization in their life give them a decorated clipboard.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment