Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Countdown - 19 days left!

Today's project has the quilter or sewing enthusiast in mind.  But you could use them for a more decorative touch in many settings. 

Decorative Pins:  Anyone who quilts, sews or appreciates such things are always on the look out for something unique or different.  Decorative pins are simple to put together and require only a few materials.  They are not only functional but beautiful. 

I made these to use with quilting.  These would be hard to miss when piecing a quilt top together.  I am always sewing over my pins.

The plastic hearts and flowers are beads I had in my stash.  I loved the rich jewel tones. 

 
The butterflies on these pins are clear glass with a touch of pink.
 (Sorry I could not get a better picture)

This set is my favorite.  I love the turquoise and black in the flower beads and the glass turquoise beads have a simple gold swirl. I added a second seed bead under the glass beads to make them appear larger.
 
Basic instructions to make the beaded decorative pins are as follows:
Supplies - long corsage pins in any color, small beads either glass or plastic, coordinating seed beads, a strong glue (I used E6000 - it only takes a drop)
 
  1. Place the large bead onto the pin and place a small drop of glue to secure. (Use a toothpick to spread the glue)
  2. Feed the seed bead or beads on next and secure above and below with glue. 
  3. Lay the pins flat to allow the glue to dry completely.
 
To package the pins stick them into a small piece of felt or batting glued into a folded card.  An alternative setting is to stick them into a pin cushion.  Either makes a pleasant display for your new decorative pin set.
 
I hope this project inspires you to search out unique gifts for all the creative people on your list.
 
Until tomorrow.
 
Danna



No comments :

Post a Comment