Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Countdown 2014 - Food Anyone? #6

The holidays always call for a time in the kitchen to prepare gifts for family and friends.  I try very hard to find recipes that don't take a lot of prep or ingredients.  The ability to find something with the previous criteria and be welcomed by a variety of recipients is sometimes hard.  This year I think I was able to blend the two quite well.

I decided to make Glazed Pecans and pack them in small canning jars for my husbands co-workers.  If you search the Internet you will find dozens of recipes for all kinds of spruced up pecans or other nuts. 

I packaged the nuts in small caning jars and decorated the lids.

These glazed pecans are just the right amount of sweet.

I added the spoon for easy consumption.
 
I had all the ingredients on hand to make this particular recipe.  It called for 2 Tbs of butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup.  Heat the ingredients in a skillet and stir in 2 cups of pecans.  Then bake the pecans on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.  My first batch I cooked longer than 8 minutes and they were a little toasty.  This batch I cooked for the 6 minutes and they turned out to be slightly gooey.  Hence the spoon attached to the jars.  So I guess in my oven 7-8 minutes would be perfect. 
 
Any kind of food packaged in small jars with decorated lids upgrades that food item.  It can be as simple as peppermint candies, nuts or cupcakes.  Taking the time to wrap the food in cute containers makes the recipient feel loved.  If you are in need of a quick simple gift for your family, friends and neighbors try wrapping up something good to eat.  Only 6 days left!
 
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment