Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pillows with a Message

 In my world there is nothing better than merging my love for technology with my creative passion.  Printing on fabric has always fascinated me.  I did some research and found several ways to accomplish this task.  For several years I used the ink jet setting solution and rinse.  In this method you treat your own fabric with the setting solution and iron it onto freezer paper and then print.  Once printed you have to use the rinsing solution to set the ink. I used this method to make graduation quilts with printed pictures, dates, school names etc. 

Recently, I bought the pre-treated fabric sheets and tried them.  They work just as well as the solution and take less time to prepare.  The only difference I really found was that the fabric is slightly stiffer in the pre-treated sheets.  The stiffness worked well on these pillows.


I selected several quotes and printed them in different fonts and sizes.  I based the size of my pillow on the size of the quote.  On some I added a small embelishment to the design.

 I like this quote.  It is a good reminder that it is sometimes the simple things in life that make it worth living
 
This quote is a good encouragement for both the young and the old.
 
 
 
This is only a small sample of the pillows I made.  They make great gifts for friends and family.  You could make one with a quote that has special meaning to the recipient, or a family saying.  I have one on my bed that has a scripture passage that reminds me that God has a plan for my life.  Each day when I make my bed it is a beautiful way to plant that scripture in my thoughts. 
 
Have fun selecting your quote or thought to share with the ones you love.
 
Danna

 

No comments :

Post a Comment