Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Drop Cloth Table Runner

In the post A Couch Refresh I show you how I used a canvas drop cloth the recover the cushions on my couch.  With a piece of the leftover drop cloth I made this table runner.  It is perfect for Spring or Summer and goes together quickly.

With the soft pastel fabric it is perfect for Spring or Summer.
 
Using a piece of drop cloth I cut a section that was approximately 19" x 46" with my pinking rotary blade.  I turned the pinked edges under approximately 1/2" on each side and sewed a finished hem all the way around.  So my finished runner size was approximately 18" x 45".
 
A painters drop cloth is used for this runners base fabric.
 
Using coordinating fabrics and the pinking rotary blade I cut strips that are 2 1/2" wide and the full width of the fabric (approximately 45" long). 
 
I love the soft pastel fabrics.

The pinking rotary blade keeps the edges from fraying.
 
Using my favorite gathering method I gathered each of my strips.  My favorite gathering method is found in this YouTube video Gathering Fabric Fast.  The only change I made was to sew down the center of my strips to gather them not the edge.
 

From plain and drab.

To Fab!  Quick and Easy gathered strips.
 
Stack your strips on each end, sew them down and you are done.  To see some other ideas using this gathering method check out this post More Dish Towels.  The little girls tea set is the perfect table setting for this table runner.
 
The tea set is one of my daughters when she was younger.
 
If you need a quick table runner for your room.  Grab some fabric you love and a painters drop cloth and it will be made by dinner time.
 
Danna

Check out this linky parties at Shabby Nest , Chic on a Shoestring &

 
Skip To My Lou

No comments :

Post a Comment