Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Girl Can Never Have Enough Scarves

Okay, okay maybe I do have a scarf addiction.  But please do not try to do an intervention.  I wear all my scarves so I am not neglecting anyone of them.  This latest scarf is made using the same process as several of my other yarn scarves. Click New Scarves - Superbowl Fun to see the process and other variations.

I love the variegated look of this scarf.
 
This yarn I purchased at my local dollar store, so yes, the yarn was only $1.00 for the skein.  Using the same method as above I looped the yarn back and forth and then stitched down the center.  The scarf is super soft and very light weight.  The length of the scarf is slightly shorter than the ones above and not quite as full.  I like the fact that it drapes nicely and feels warm and cozy but still lightweight.  In Texas we can get up with temperatures below freezing and by the time I leave school it is 70 degrees.  So this scarf is perfect for the unpredictable weather.
 
It was only $1.00 for the skein.

The yarn has these loops about every 8 - 10 inches
 
It only takes about 30 to 45 minutes to make these scarves (word to the wise take the time to roll your yarn into a ball or it can take all day to make one.)  I am always on the look out for interesting yarn for this scarf pattern so, for a dollar I certainly could not pass up this skein.  I went to several other locations of the dollar store and was unable to find any more of this yarn  Reminder to self - if you are standing in the store and you have an idea that you think is a good one and the supplies are only a dollar - buy two!
 
Danna

Check out this link party at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
 


No comments :

Post a Comment