Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Ice Days in Texas!

Today we are all home because there is ice covering our area.  Now all those people up North and in the mountains think that Texans are crazy to cancel school and everything else just because we have half an inch of white on the ground.  But you have to realize that we are not trained to drive or walk on anything cold.  Also our white is typically solid ice not snow and there is a difference.

My husband and I went to Walmart late yesterday to get something from the hardware department (hoping it would fix our broken dryer) and while there I thought it might be a good idea to pick up some extra groceries.  When I approached the bread isle I started laughing.  Here is why:

The bread isle at the local Walmart
 
This is the bread isle and at 3:00 in the afternoon it was practically empty.  You would think that they were predicting a major blizzard that would have us all home bound for a month.  The forecast is only for one maybe two days.  So, I guess in Texas if you are going to be home due to icy weather you must eat lots of toast or sandwiches. 
 
The icy weather has given me the time to schedule several posts on the blog and update my new Etsy page - check the top of the sidebar for the link to my Etsy page.   Keep watching in the next few days there will be lots of new crafting ideas and a challenge and contest starting the first of March.
 
I hope you and you family where ever you live are safe and warm.  As far as Texas goes it is chilly outside but toasty inside.
 
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment