Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry I have not posted this week.  Things have been very busy even though we are out of school.  I am thankful for the break.

If you know me at all you know that cooking is not my forte.  So on Thanksgiving we go to my brothers house and I am fortunate that there are plenty of people to cook.  But with every family there are a few "traditions" that must be continued.  With my husband and kids one tradition is they get up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  My daughter loves the parade.  She is now 20 years old and loves it as much today as when she was five.  The only difference is she is not dancing in front of the TV during all of the show songs.  (I do miss those little dancing feet.) 

My son's favorite part is the sausage balls that are a necessary part of watching the parade.  I am not sure when I started making sausage balls on Thanksgiving morning but it is one tradition that I will not be able to get out of, at least any time soon.  I have suggested we have other things during the parade and the response is always "That and sausage balls sound great, Mom."  Here is what is left of the sausage balls from today.

 
I really lucked out on cooking this year.  I am taking a relish tray (that I bought from Sam's - it was cheaper than purchasing all of the ingredients), and several desserts.  My daughter ask for Lemon Bars and my son ask for Monkey Bread.  I am not sure that Monkey Bread is really a dessert but that is what he wanted.  So this morning I only spent about an hour in the kitchen to prepare all I needed to take.  Here are the lemon bars and monkey bread.
 



 
I should have put the monkey bread in a larger pan.  They grew a little more than I thought they would.  But, they sure do taste good!
 
I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving and remember to spend some time giving thanks to God for all the many blessings He has showered upon you this year.  If you love to cook may this day find you happy in the kitchen.  And if you are like me and cooking is not your favorite activity, may this day find you surrounded with family and friends sharing in thankful hearts.
 
Happy Thanksgiving and may the Lord bless you and your family.
 
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment