Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Playing with Clay

I am excitedly preparing for the Kids Craft and Sewing Camps I will be teaching this summer.  I have wanted to teach this type of a camp for a loooooooong time.  So while sitting in the hallway monitoring the standardized testing I decided this was the year. 

As I began to gather ideas of what crafts we would be doing I came across some clay beads I made some time ago.  I remember how much fun it was to twist and mix the colors together and then create a bead or pendant.  This will be one of the crafts the kids will do this summer.  They will graduate from Play Dough to Sculpey clay.  Everyone enjoys playing with clay.

My marbled clay beads.
 
There are so many different ways you can shape the clay to create beautiful beads, charms and pendants.  The indention in the flowers to give the petals shape was made with a pencil eraser.  I have gathered different utensils the kids can use to give their clay shapes just the right detail.
 
It will be exciting to share my love of crafting and sewing with the next generation.  I can't wait to see what creative ideas they explore.  If you live in the Fort Worth, Texas area check out my flyer for the Craft and Sewing Camps.  If not, consider offering a camp in your area to share your creative passion with someone younger.  

Craft On!
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment