Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Dry Fingers Frustrating You? I Found a Simple Fix!

I don't know about you but I have always had trouble gripping things when I was sewing and crafting.  I have extremely oily skin so turning pages in a magazine was a real hassle.  Also, I am not one of those people that likes to lick my finger and then turn a page that just kind of creeps me out.

For years as a secretary I used "SortKwik" fingertip moistener when I was working with any kind of paper or filing.  One day as I was quilting and trying to separate my small quilt squares I was getting more and more frustrated by the minute.  It hit me "Get the SortKwik."  It occurred to me that the moistener might stain the fabric but I was so frustrated that I didn't care.

After lathering up my fingers I was able to separate the quilt squares easily.  Since then every time I quilt or craft the first thing I grab is my "SortKwik".  I have never had it stain or smear a piece of fabric or paper.  I even use it when I am making jewelry.  It helps to grip the beads and the wire.

This is the brand I use but there are several others on the market.
I get mine at Walmart in these small containers.

Simply apply to your fingers and you will be able to pick up almost anything.
 
I like the small containers that Walmart sells.  There are three per package so I can have one at my craft table, one at the computer and one in my sewing bag.  I have not resorted to keeping one in my purse but there have been times I have wished I had one on hand.  Maybe the next package I buy I will toss one in for good measure.
 
So if you are struggling with grabbing your quilt squares or paper projects reach for some SortKwik and put your frustrations to rest.
 
Danna

Link Parties: Chic on a Shoestring

No comments :

Post a Comment