Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

A new bird in the flock!

As you can see in this post Classroom Theme I decorated my classroom this year with owls.  I like having a theme each year.  It provides the opportunity to create some great resources and do some fun projects.

One of the projects that went along with my owl theme was searching for all different kinds of owls and owl things to put on my back counter.  I had a great time sifting through knick knack tables at garage sales and thrift stores.  Searching the clearance isles at my favorite stores for any unique owl figures.  I managed to create a great display on my back counter and add few to my collection at home. 

Since the beginning of the school year several teachers have commented on how "cute" my collection is and how festive it makes the computer lab.  Then the other day a first grade teacher surprised me with a new owl to add to the group.

Here is her picture: (the owl not the teacher)

She fits right in with her bright eyes.

The teacher told me she saw it in the store and it was calling to be added to my classroom.  I always find it a great blessing when others enjoy things I am interested in and want to join in the fun.  Now each time I look at this new addition it brings a smile to my face and my heart.  Not only that someone was thinking of me, but what I do is enjoyed by others.

So, the next time you are walking down an isle at your favorite store and see something that reminds you of a friend or coworker, put it in your basket.  It will not only bless the recipient it will bless you as well.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment