Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Washi Tape Holder

Washi Tape is one my new loves. It is easy and fun to work with and perfect for many different projects. Here are links to some I have done in the past.  Washi Tape & Christmas Countdown 21 days left!

But with all new additions to your craft room the big question is how and where do you store it. Since I am a visual learner and organizer I like items that are all the same size to be stored neatly in rows if possible. I have seen on Pinterest several different ways to store Washi tape everything from the rolls on dowel rods to pretty jars.

I started to put mine in a pretty box inside the cabinet but then it struck me that the tapes themselves were too pretty to store in a box. Also, I wasn’t sure where I would put said box since my cabinets are bursting at the seams. (Maybe it is time to purge some items – is there ever a time to get rid of craft items, you might need it soon). So here is my solution:




I had the mug tree stuffed in the back of my kitchen cabinets. You never know when they might come back in style or you may need it for a completely different purpose. Boy, I was glad I kept that tree mug. The tapes fit nicely on each of the branches and I can group them by color or sets.

When things are out and organized in an attractive way I am much more likely to use them. I know I can’t have everything out in plain sight but it is nice to have a few inspirational pieces to stir those creative juices.

So if you are looking for a unique way to display your items, start by digging in the back of your kitchen cabinets. Who knows what treasures you will find.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment