Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Painting my Shoes!

While cleaning out my shoes I came across several pair of white (well once white - now dingy white) flats that were very comfortable.  The shoes had a lot more wear left but they looked really bad.  I had seen on Pinterest that you could paint shoes.  Why not try to salvage my old dingy white comfy shoes?  I washed them in the washer and let them air dry first.

The first pair was a white canvas shoe.  I used Tulip Soft Fabric Paint in Lime Matte.  Since the front was gathered I left it white along with the top edge.  I let them dry for several days to make sure the paint had a chance to cure well.  I then sprayed with Scotch Guard to hopefully keep them somewhat clean.  I think they turned out pretty well. And I can get at least one more seasons worth of wear out of them, hopefully more.
 
 


 



The blue pair are a mesh type fabric.  I used Tulip Soft Fabric Paint in Turquoise Matte.  These were a little more challenging to paint.  The paint bled through to the inside but has not been a problem.  I painted the elastic on the top and it doesn't show any white when I wear them. 


 

It was fun to have a "new" pairs of shoes to wear in really fun colors.  And they only cost me about $5.00 in paint for both pair.  So get to digging around in your closet and see what shoes you have that need a new color.  I would love to see what you come up with.
Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment