Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Tennis Lovers Wreath

My neighbor loves to play tennis.  She plays several times a week and enjoys every moment. Therefore she has an abundance of used tennis balls.

She decided she wanted to make a wreath using some of the old tennis balls.  This is where I enter the picture.  While describing what she wanted I ask the question, "Does the wreath have to be round?" Her reply was "no". We decided that we could get an old wooden tennis racket and use that as a base for the wreath.

So the hunt began.  I soon found a wooden racket at a garage sale for only $1.00.  I glued the tennis balls to the edge of the racket and made a big burlap bow for the bottom. Here is the finished wreath.


My neighbor was thrilled with the result.  So if you have a tennis lover in your house and don't know what to do with all those used tennis balls, grab an old racket, hot glue gun and get creative.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment