Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Paper Doilie Garland

For one of my classes this winter we are making Garlands, Banners and Pennants.  They are fun and festive and can be used for a variety of events or for home décor.  This post will focus on a garland I recently made as a sample for my class.  This garland is made from paper doilies. 

A fun addition to my Valentines décor.
 
Simple doilies create this garland.
 
Simply take the doilies and fold them over the ribbon in half and glue to secure.  Now the fun begins.  You can leave your doilies blank if you desire a simple decoration or you can add some detail to bump it up a notch.
 
To my doilies I added paper die cut hearts since I was making a Valentines themed garland.  You could also add stickers for a kid's themed event, buttons, silk flowers etc.  The possibilities are only confined by your imagination and creativity.  Since the doilies come in packs of 25 - 50 each you can make this garland extremely long for only a small portion of your party budget. 
Go did out those doilies you purchased for all your Christmas parties and add a string of fun to your next event.
 
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment