Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bright Lights Quilt

As I have stated in several previous posts I love the Missouri Star Quilting Youtube videos.  She has such wonderful patterns and ideas. And Jenny is so entertaining to watch, her enthusiasm is contagious and you want to jump right into your next project.

This quilt is made from one of the Missouri Star Quilting videos Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt.  It was really easy to put together and using the really bright colors made it even more exciting.

The prints are from a jellyroll.

I pieced the back to use up the scraps and make it more interesting.
 

The strip method Jen demonstrates in the video is easy to assemble.  I used a lattice stripping between my blocks because the fabrics were so busy.  This allowed the blocks to be set apart and softened the look slightly.  I will definitely do this pattern again. 

If you have not seen any of the Missouri Star Quilting videos be sure to check them out.  They are fun and you will walk away with a ton of ideas.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment