Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Baby Bloomers -- Oh what fun!

One of the teachers at my school is having her first baby and it is a girl.  I love making baby gifts for little girls.  There are sooooo many to select from.  Boys are a little harder and not near as much fun.

I wanted to make her something special yet very practical.  I decided to make her some baby bloomers.  I found on the Internet a pattern several years ago.  (I could not find the link but if you do a search you can find many different patterns)  The bloomers are sizes 0 - 6 months and 6 -12 months.  I decided to make mine in white since that would give her the most variety for outfits.

The bees are 0-6 months and the flowers are 6-12 months

I used the bee applique because that is our school mascot.

Here is a close up of the applique.  The bee antennas are drawn on with a fine point sharpie.

The flowers will work well for spring and summer outfits.
 

I stitched the appliques on before I put the bloomers together. For any type of applique I use Wonder Under to attach the shape. Then I stitch around the shape with coordinating thread.  Next time I would lower the position of them so they were more centered on the baby's bottom.  But for a first time run they turned out really cute. 

So the next time you need something fun and cute for a baby girl try making bloomers.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment