Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Recipe - Chicken and Veggies in a Pan

If you know me at all you know that I am not a cook.  I only cook because my family insists on eating three meals a day.  I do not like spending time in the kitchen when I could be in my craft room.

So I am always looking for new recipes that are easy and fairly quick.  I like the kind that calls for placing everything in one pan and tossing it in the oven.  Presto - you have dinner in a flash.  Then while it is in the oven I can go to my happy place - the craft room.

Several weeks ago a friend posted on Facebook an all in one pan recipe.  

The original post is from here https://www.facebook.com/BeanPotRecipes?hc_location=timeline

In a 9x13 pan, cut 3 chicken breasts in half, add 2 cans green beans on one side and cut up red skin potatoes on the other. Sprinkle a packet of zesty Italian dressing mix over the top. Drizzle a stick of melted butter over it. Cover it with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The original version.


I made it the very next day.  Only I used Russet potatoes because I did not have red potatoes and I used olive oil instead of the butter.  It was delicious.  Here is my version

My version using Russet potatoes.
 
 
Since then I made it a again with a few variations.  This week I made the chicken in a separate dish (I know this defeats the purpose of dinner in a single pan) and used a package of Italian dressing mix on it.  Then in another 9 x 13 pan I placed red skin potatoes, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, onion, and asparagus.  I covered this with an additional package of Italian dressing mix and a little olive oil drizzled on top.  The extra vegetables were fabulous. 
 
In an effort to add more vegetables to our diet I think I will use this recipe many more times.  I can't wait to try it out with possibly squash this summer. 
 
Enjoy.
Danna


No comments :

Post a Comment