Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fort Worth Bead Market

Sorry for the long break from posting.  I took Spring Break (and the following week) off to play with some other areas of my creative endeavors.  (So I would have something to post)  The first weekend of the break I went to the Fort Worth Bead Market with my husband and daughter.  I had not been to any kind of bead show in the past so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The show was fabulous -- thanks to my friend Karol for telling me about the show.  It wasn't a big show but there was more than enough to wet your appetite.  I found it best to walk around and look at all the vendors before making a purchase.  Several booths had the same beads at different prices.  Here are some of the items I found.  I was excited to find some unique beads in my price range that are not readily available at the craft stores.

My favorite are the bright colored flower and cross stone beads.
 
I have been to many quilt and craft shows and one of my favorite parts of the show is getting great ideas.  The vendors had some beautiful pieces they had created.  One booth had a multitude of antique beads, keys, door plates etc.  I would have spent all my money in that one booth but I decided that I could find some of these items at garage sales for less.
 
Attending a show of any kind is a great way to inspire your creativity.  I spent the rest of the week making jewelry using some of my new purchases and digging around in my abundant stash of beads. I will post about some of those newly related pieces soon.
 
Danna


No comments :

Post a Comment