Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Birthday Book Cover Sign

I have been making book cover signs lately for various occasions.  We have had several baby showers at school so I have made signs for the new arrivals.  Check out those signs at these posts Baby Book Cover Sign and Another Baby Shower Gift. 

A teacher at school wanted a sign for a birthday gift for a little girl that loves frilly girl things.  Here is the finished product.

I love her name - Saige it is very unique.

I used scrapbook paper in a fun flower pattern for the top.  The bottom section is covered by a coordinating blue paper.  To cover the seam between the papers I used a tiny pink ric rack.  The with lace at the bottom hangs over the edge and adds another layer of dimension.



The little girls name was added using raised scrapbook puffy squares and gold stick on letters.  At the top I placed a small clothespin covered by an embellishment.  The clothespin allows you to change out what is clipped to the sign.  It is a great way to show off a child's latest drawing or souvenir.  I clipped a small card with a heart and an embellishment that says let's celebrate.

The sign turned out to be fun, colorful and festive.  I hope she will think it is a wonderful addition to her bedroom.  And hopefully it will hold countless pictures in the future.

Danna


No comments :

Post a Comment