Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

A Weekend Away - Quilt Retreats Are Great!

This weekend was great.  On Friday evening I attended our annual Holiday Fair.  It is one event I never miss.  I will post more about the ideas I learned from this event later.

Then on Saturday and Sunday I attended our fall quilt retreat.  It was incredible.  It was a much needed time away and then to sew for two days was the whip cream on top of the quilting sundae.

Below are picture of some of the quilt tops that were made this weekend for our ministry.  We also learned a new technique using a layer cake and charm pack.  I will post more details about this pattern later.  It will blow your mind away at how fast and easy it is to make a quilt top.

The weather this weekend even cooled off and it really felt like fall.  I enjoyed a short walk last night around the camp where we were staying in the crisp fall air.  And to think just 24 hours before that it had been 95 degrees.  Texas weather is constantly in a state of flux.  So we have a saying "If you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes and it will change."

God really blessed our group and me this weekend with a much needed get away, crisp fall temperatures and even a little rain.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

Here are the pictures:

This is my disappearing 9 patch in very bright colors.

A twister quilt in fun girly colors.

A simple quilt.  The corner fabric has puppy dogs.  It is really cute.

Some more traditional patterns.

This is the new pattern we learned.  Above is the original quilt our leader made.

This is our version of the new technique.  (I will post more about this pattern soon.)

This was a quilt I am working on using up various scraps from our quilt group stash.  This pattern turned out sooooo much better than I envisioned in my head. (I will post more about this pattern soon.)
 
Getting away from the everyday grind and commitments is always beneficial.  I hope you and/or your group will make plans to get away and sew up a storm.
 
Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment