Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mid-Arm Quilting Saga

 A few years ago I was blessed by a friend who gave me her mid-arm quilt frame and machine.  She no longer wanted to quilt her own quilts and needed the room for her grandchildren.

My husband and I brought the frame home and set it up in the 5 foot length position. That is the largest I have room for at the moment.

The frame is set up finally.

It takes up a good portion of my existing space

And there it sat for about 2 years.  I was so intimidated by the whole process I wouldn't even try to figure it out.  My friend had told me she had some trouble with the machine even after having it serviced.  During the pandemic of 2020 I told myself it was time to "use it or lose it".  After trying several times to get the machine that came with the frame to work I finally pulled it off and put on one of my domestic sewing machines.  That is working for the moment while I research and save up for a new machine.


The quilt frame with my domestic machine on it

I finally loaded some test fabric and gave it a try

It is not perfect but it is a start!

Learning something new is always fun but also stressful.  As I begin to face my fears and "give it a try" I am amazed at what I have learned.  Wish me luck!

Keep quilting!

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment