Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Travel Bags for Missouri Star Trip

In my previous post I told you about the trip I took to Missouri Star Quilting in Hamilton, Missouri.  I went with several of my quilting friends and we had a great time.

For the trip I wanted to make each lady a monogrammed bag so they could carry all of their prized quilting purchases.  The bags needed to be roomy but not so big they would be a nuisance to carry.

I found the perfect size, style and price at Dollar Tree.  The bags were large, light weight and had a nice color selection. Best of all the price could not be beat.

I liked the simple design and it provided a nice area to monogram.
I selected a simple but elegant font to use for the monograms.  

This is my bag.

I thought the black turned out very elegant.

A bag for each traveler and our hostess.
One of our friends was ill and did not get to make the trip.
So we filled her bag and brought it back to her.
Inside each bag was a travel pack with some necessary items.  A package of tissues, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, nail file and a plastic bag folded like a paper football.  I wrapped the packs in clear plastic bags with a card stock tab topper.  The background strip is an old map.

Necessary items for traveling.


The bags worked out quite nicely for the trip.  It was able to hold all of my quilting purchases and keep them safe and secure.


If you need a bag for your next trip and want to make one for each of your traveling companions check out your local Dollar Tree.  You might find just what you need.  Happy Travels!

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment