Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Scrap Challenge of a different type

In a previous post Scrap Bag Challenge No. 1,  I explained the challenge I have set for myself to help deal with all of the delightful scraps my friends give me.  Well this challenge came from the donation of a fabric sample book. 

My friend found it in her sewing room as she was cleaning out and the bright colorful packaging made her think of me.  She brought it to me and said "I can't wait to see what you make with these."
Well, I couldn't turn down that challenge. 

Opening the sample pack I became more and more excited with the colors from each section.  It was full of bright, bold, warm and rich tones. 
The fabric sample pack.

Look at all of those colors!

Each page had a fabric swatch in that color range.
As I began to drool, I mean look at each color range the creative wheels were spinning out of control. There were so many possibilities of items that could be made from such a wonderful selection.  I finally settled on creating note cards and gift tags.  Since each page contained a small piece in a color array it was the perfect choice for a large collection of cards and tags.

I took each colorful page loose from the book. 

One page pulled off the book page.
Then I cut that strip in half.  This allowed me to use that color selection on a set of cards and tags.

The full page cut in half.
The pieces from one page pulled apart.  I had a great size
and amount of fabric to work with.
Then I began creating cards and tags using the fabric swatches as the background or base piece.  I added scrapbook papers, doilies, and book page flowers to create a stunning group of cards and tags.

This card is solid green card stock, scrapbook paper with a doilie in the center.
Then I layered the fabric and topped it with a book page circle and flower.

The center of the flower is a sequin.

This heart is cut from a discarded book.

Each bag contains 4 gift tags.
I was able to share my creation with my friends and still have leftovers.  If you allow your creative wheels to run wild you might be surprised with the results.  All of the cards and tags were embellished with discarded items such as book pages, paper scraps, sequins, and the fabric swatches. The only new stock I used was the card stock to make the card and tag base. 

A basket full of cards and tags ready to share with my friends.
The next time you are cleaning out and come across an item that is just too pretty to toss.  Get those creative wheels turning and let the ride begin.

Danna


No comments :

Post a Comment