Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2018

One for the Bucket List - Missouri Star Quilting

I took a trip the summer of 2017 to Missouri Star Quilting.  A small group of friends from my church quilt group decided to make the journey.  Going to Missouri Star was on my Bucket List.

As all good quilters we stopped at several quilt shops as we made our way from Texas to Missouri. 

Great shop in Oklahoma

As an added bonus we stayed in Kansas City and their quilt show was that weekend.  Up until this trip all of the quilt shows I had been to had been in Texas.  It was exciting to see quilts from another region of the country and we saw some amazing quilts.

A great group of ladies to travel with. We had a great time and lots of laughs.

Kansas City Quilt Show 2017 
My friend next to an amazing quilt.


What quilter doesn't get excited about batting?
We spent a full day at Missouri Star.  It was everything I had imagined.  A whole town filled with all things quilting.  As I moved from shop to shop admiring all the beautiful fabric and incredible quilts I kept thinking "I wish I had more money to spend."  But I was a wise spender and stuck to my budget.  Although it was not easy. Dave Ramsey would be proud.

I made it to Missouri Star!


Each shop is a different fabric selection.

The main quilt shop for Missouri Star Quilting. 
The place you need to begin your quilt shopping frenzy.


Quilts are even painted on the building walls.
We did not see Jenny but I am sure she was somewhere quilting and/or inspiring other quilters.  I love to watch her YouTube videos.  I am always inspired and learn something new.

On the way back we stopped at Angela Walters (Midnight Quilter) shop.  I was not familiar with her but several of the ladies in my group were.  She has a lovely shop in Liberty, MO.  Since the trip I have started watching her show - The Midnight Quilter.  She is amazing. 

As we strolled through each shop in Missouri Star, Liberty and along the way I was reminded of how friendly fellow quilters can be.  We met some amazing people and shared our passion for quilting with each one.  My small group had a great time laughing, sharing stories about our lives and our love for quilting.

I encourage you to grab a group of friends and take a trip to Missouri Star and be sure to stop at some of the quilt shops along the way.  Now, the next trip on my quilting Bucket List - The Houston Quilt Show.

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment