Pages

Monday, May 24, 2021

2021 A Year to Finish and Move Forward

 Now that 2020 "The Year Like No Other" is behind us we can move forward. Right?  If there is one thing I learned during the quarantine it was that I need to get busy on some ideas and projects I have wanted to do for awhile.

So my goals for 2021 are to finish all those UFO's (UnFinished Objects) in my sewing and craft room, and start working on some other ideas I have been tossing around for years.

One of those ideas was to start a YouTube channel.  I did that in 2020 and you can learn more about that adventure here: 2020 A Year Like No Other and New Beginnings.  During the Summer of 2021 we will be remodeling our shop to accommodate filming and teaching in person.  No more taking over the Living Room!  That remodel has started off with a bit of a hurdle - the hot water heater burst and flooded the sewing/craft room and office.  But we are pushing forward.

I am still a few years away from retirement and I have been working on my plan for when I have "all the time in the world" Ha Ha.  When I retire and walk away from 20+ years in education I want to continue to teach what I am passionate about - sewing, crafting & quilting.  Online courses through Skillshare as well as in person classes are in the works already.  My plan is to add several presentations and/or workshops for quilt guilds and quilt shops.  Those presentations would focus on leaving a legacy from your scrap bin and how to motivate yourself to finish all those UFO's.  

I hope you will join me on this journey and adventure in 2021 and beyond.  Subscribe to my YouTube channel Sew-Learn-Create so you can create some fun, simple projects, and check out my upcoming courses on Skillshare (coming late Summer 2021).  

Leave me a comment below about how your are moving forward in 2021 and what adventures you are going to try.

Keep creating!

Danna

No comments :

Post a Comment