Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2021

2020 - A year like no other and new beginnings

 The year 2020 was definitely a year to remember.  When the pandemic hit I was at a quilters retreat.  It was the week after our daughter's wedding.  As things began to shut down I was asking my friends what they were talking about.  I had no clue because we had spent every spare moment for the previous 11 months planning a wedding.  By the time I got home from the retreat the country was in quarantine.  Being at home full time and not having to go to work was like my dream come true.  Especially since I was fortunate enough to still be receiving my paycheck while in quarantine.  

Since I love to sew, craft and quilt there were plenty of projects to work on during this time.  Our grown son was also home during the quarantine only he had lost a good portion of his self-employed income from teaching private percussion lessons. I began to help him process this new reality and ideas for projects he could work on began to flow.  One of those projects was me finally starting my YouTube channel.  

I had been talking about it for several years but did not have the time to figure out how to begin.  Well, now I had the time.  My son agreed to film and edit the videos so it was a win-win for both of us.  In April 2020 in the middle of a world wide pandemic Sew-Learn-Create YouTube channel was born.  On the channel I do sewing, crafting and DIY projects.  Many of the projects we make come from the sewing classes I teach.

My son and I have learned so much over the last year.  My channel has grown much faster than I thought it would and I am now over 500 subscribers.  A simple Thank You doesn't begin to show my appreciation for the support and encouragement I have received.

New projects are always in the works for the channel.  If you have any suggestions for a project you would like us to try leave a comment below.  And if you have not checked out Sew-Learn-Create head on over and give us a try.

The year 2020 was a year like no other but I thank God for the time at home and for the opportunity to share my creative passions with others on a new platform.

Danna

Sew-Learn-Create



No comments :

Post a Comment