Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Countdown 2014 - Gift Bags #21

Don't you just love the feel of Christmas?  I love the twinkling lights, handmade decorations and the pretty packages under the tree.  I appreciate a package that has been prepared with extra time and care.  An easy way to give your packages that added personal touch and remind the recipient how much you love them is handmade gift bags.
 
Yes, the tree is made from a book page.
 
Other fun Christmas bags I made.
 
Using plain brown bags you can add paper, die cuts etc. to decorate the bags.  This boosts the bag to a whole new level.  Here are some ideas to decorate your bags.
 
The book page tree was turned green by washing the page with green ink and a baby wipe.  Simply swipe the baby wipe lightly in the ink and apply to the book page in a circular motion.  Let it dry and cut out your shape.
 
I used a chalk ink but any ink will work.

I wanted a light tint on my page.

I used three different colors of ink to give a richer color scheme.
 
The other bags were made using scrapbook paper, cardstock, a die cut, buttons, paper doilies and cupcake liners.
 
The doll die cut was a scrapbook borer cut down.

The red polka dot paper is a cupcake liner.

The center green is a cupcake liner.
 I cut slits around the edge to add some dimension.
 
It doesn't take a lot of supplies to wrap your gifts in something special.  Taking the time to create a unique bag or other wrapping will be appreciated by those you love this holiday season.  Only 21 days left!
 
Danna
 

No comments :

Post a Comment